Save The Dates
Along with sending out your wood or letterpress wedding invitations, you may want to consider sending wedding save-the-dates as well. Save-the-dates are a great way to let your guests know to keep the day of your wedding free before your official wedding invitations are mailed out. They are especially great for any out-of-town guests and even more so for guests of destination weddings. Save-the-dates serve to supply your guest with the crucial information – the date and location of your wedding. This will better help your guest to plan their schedules ahead of time and make any special travel arrangements that might be necessary.
We offer both paper and wood save-the-dates. They can be ordered along with your invitations or a la carte. As with all of our items, you may choose from a design in our collection of wedding invitation designs or request a custom design instead.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Though save-the-dates are not a requirement, they are suggested if you are planning a wedding over a long weekend, a holiday weekend, or a destination wedding.
- It is typically recommended that you mail your save-the-dates about six months prior your wedding date.
- For a destination wedding, you should mail your save-the-dates about eight months prior to your wedding date.
- You should only send save-the-dates to those individuals that you truly intend to invite. It would impolite to later retract the invitation by not sending a formal wedding invitation later on.
- Just as you should with your formal wedding invitations, it is best to address your save-the-dates specifically to whom is invited (this includes any plus ones, children, etc.).